Hello, you beautiful people. I’m guessing the reason why you have found yourself on this part of the internet is because you want to know all about the architect of this beautiful blog, me, Haddy Jeng. I didn’t know exactly what to write so I decided to copy Megan’s idea (check out her blog) of answering 25 questions to help you find out who I am!
25 Get to Know Me Q’s
1. What is your middle name? Adus. It’s actually my father’s name, he decided to insert it into mine but I still don’t understand why.
2. What was favourite subject at school? I am currently studying my AS & A Levels for History, Economics, Maths and Philosophy. Amongst them all, my favourite is History. I just love learning about the past, especially conflicts such as the Cold War. It’s crazy to think we were only 1 minute away from a Nuclear War!
3. What is your favourite drink? Ooooo. That’s a hard one. At the moment, I really like drinking Fanta.
4. What is your favourite song at the moment? I don’t have a favourite in mind at the moment,but, I have been listening to a lot of Rihanna and using my Soundcloud a lot. (click here if you want to hear what I have been listening to)
5. What is your favourite food? Another impossible question to answer but I have always remained faithful to the PIZZA!
6. What is the last thing you bought? The last thing I bought was a book called ‘We ain’t what we ought to be’ by Stephen Tuck which basically covers American history from 1850-2009 regarding slavery and civil rights for African Americans I have yet to read it but I can’t wait and it also coincides with my History A Level course.
7. Favourite book of all time? My favourite book of all time…hmmm. I really enjoyed reading a book called Unbroken which is about the life of Louis Zamperinini. It is a very moving book. However, I also enjoyed reading the Book Thief by Markus Zusak which is based in Nazi Germany. Ultimately, (even though I haven’t finished it) I am really enjoy Dreams from my father by Barack Obama. I have never been so captivated by a book so quickly and I can’t wait to finish it!
8. Favourite Colour? Easy peasy… Blue without a doubt. From such a young age, have always loved the colour blue, I think it’s because I was constantly surrounded by Chelsea FC merchandise, I later became a fan and our team’s colour is BLUE!!!
9. Do you have any pets? Sadly not, but I hope that I will get a dog one day: maybe a German shepherd, a Pomeranian or a Husky.
10. Favourite Perfume? I don’t really have one. I’m used to stealing my mothers perfumes and wearing whatever smells nice.
11. Favourite Holiday? Travelling to Berlin in 2014 with my secondary school has been my favourite to date. I always gets excited remembering it or talking about the memories!
12. Are you married? Hahahaha… I’m too young to have any ring on my finger
13. Have you ever been out of the country, if so how many times? I have been fortunate to travel 5 times, to: Germany, Spain, France, Norway, Gambia
14. Do you speak any other language? At school I learnt GCSE Spanish (if that counts) but other than English I speak Wolof which is native language of Gambia.
15. How many siblings do you have? I have 2 siblings. My annoying but funny younger brothers. (yes I am the oldest)
16. What is your favourite shop? I like too many!!! In terms of clothing, one of my favourites is Forever 21.
17. Favourite restaurant? I haven’t been to enough to have a favourite but I really like eating at Nandos and Wagamama’s.
18. When was the last time you cried? Erghhh… that’s a bit of brain scratch-er. I might need to get back to that. The last time I can remember is when I hurt myself after falling down the stairs – it was pretty painful!
19. Favourite Blog? I haven’t been reading blogs very recently. I have only just got back in to the swing of things post exam season but I really liked reading the travel blog from Hand Luggage Only.
20. Favourite Movie? For some reason whenever I get asked this question, I forget every film that I have ever watched. I really enjoyed watching the Great Debater, X-Men franchise, Maid in Manhattan, Nottinghill and 2012 but I’ve also been interested in films from other countries. For example I have really enjoyed watching Indian films e.g. Happy New Year, Devdas, Bajirao Mastani, Agneepath and Lagaan.
21. Favourite TV shows? Oh my, there are so many shows I enjoy watching. Many of them I haven’t been able to finish and I need to catch up with but here are a few I can name off the top of my head: Family Guy, Breaking Bad, the Walking Dead, Freaks and Geeks, The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, The Flash, Arrow, Pretty Little Liars, Love Island, How to get away with Murder, Gotham, Keeping up with the Kardashians.
22. PC or Mac? I don’t own a Mac so PC.
23. What phone do you have? I currently own the HTC One M8.
24. How tall are you? 5ft 7 (the last time I measured myself)
25. Can you cook? Yes… my mothers forces me to cook for the family sometimes.
I hope you enjoyed reading my answers and get a better idea of just who is typing behind the computer screen. I would love to get to know you guys too, so please feel free to answer these questions in the comments below or even better dedicate a blog post to it!
DISCLAIMER: All images are provided by alternative sources. To access the link to these sources/ purchase the items shown, click the image.